Thursday, January 04, 2007

Simplifying Life

One of my favorite things to do is watch television. Simply, I LOVE TELEVISION. There is nothing more I like to do than to watch TV, but something strange has happened since I moved to Atlanta. I have all of a sudden lost interest in television. I still watch a couple of shows daily if I get a chance, but it is very rare. I don't know if it is because of my schedule or lack of interest. When I am working at home, I prefer it off. Some evenings, I reflect back to the day and realize that I haven't watched television all day.

I still enjoy my news shows like Good Morning America and some of my evening programs, but not as much as I have in the past. Now that my favorite program, The Apprentice, is beginning its season, my viewing may increase. Who knows?

Thank God for Tivo! Great invention! I know I can always hit the record button or create a season pass!

Now understand, I am not one of those pastors or preachers who tells everyone to not watch television. First, I am a AAA member of Television Addicts Anonymous and telling someone not to watch would be hyper hypocritical. In addition, every preacher who I have ever heard saying not to watch television was just as addicted as I was.