Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What a Week!

Well, I haven't checked into the blogosphere in a while because of my schedule. This has been a week! Looking at the numbers, many of you have been visiting and I apologize for my lack of blogging.

Well, since the last post, I had the opportunity to gather with over 500 men in Peachtree City to hear Mark Batterson. Mark is the pastor of National Community Church in Washington, D.C. and is author of In The Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day. It was great event! Men were worshiping, Mark was fabulous as a speaker, and I don't like to mention about food but I never had beef briskets. They were great and grilled to perfection! The smell covered the city as they grilled them.

On Saturday, Karen and I as a CARES team held a Polar Bear swim for the apartment complex! Five kids jumped in and went swimming. All of the adults were wimps including me! The high for Saturday was 56 but the low was 35! We had a great time with about 70 people attending and all the hotdogs and hamburgers you could eat!

On Saturday night, we held our first informational meeeting for Paramount Church. One person showed up. We were expecting about 30 people but nevertheless, I was glad for Ricky, a good friend of ours to show up. He really made me feel better after his arrival with some great words of encouragement. I was glad to walk away from an almost empty room knowing I honored the Lord with all my strength so forward to this week. We are having our first gathering for Paramount Church at the Country Inns and Suites in Morrow. We are doing another great push! Looking forward to it!

Finally, after a rest on Sunday, I get back to work and my internet is down all day long yesterday. Ugh! You never know how much you depend on internet until you don't have it. Anyways, I am back! I am looking forward to joining Dr. William Ekane and the New Life Fellowship Church in Marrietta this Sunday. It is going to be a great Sunday!