Thursday, May 03, 2007

Unpacking Your Bags

'If your are going to be a missionary, you are going to have to unpack your bags - bags of the past.' Ed Stetzer, from this past week's workshop on being a missional church

This has been something I didn't think I would have a problem with but as we are really challenging the process and creating Paramount Church to be relevant, creative, and innovative, I have a lot of bags I have had to unpack! Most of things have had to be thrown away.

I thought I was pretty non-traditional when it comes to doing church, but there is just years of so much 'church' in me. We are constantly trying to challenge the process with every detail of Paramount. I have really thrown away a lot of stuff!

Thinking about reaching this present generation. . . then unpack those bags!