Monday, September 24, 2007

Freedom Declarations


Independence statue, originally uploaded by jackhynes.

This weekend at Paramount, I continued the series on "Baggage." The topic was on "Breaking Addictions." I promised to post these Freedom Declarations.

FREEDOM DECLARATIONS
• I humbly admit my inability to manage my life. I put no confidence in my
own strength or abilities. I place all my trust and confidence in Jesus Christ
to set me free from my addictions. (John 15:5;2 Corinthians 3:4-6; 12:9; 1
Peter 5:6-9)
• I surrender control of my life to God and submit to any changes that He
wants to make in me. I recognize my addiction as Satan’s attempt to get
me to live independently from God. (Luke 9:23-24)
• I declare that I am dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. The old
me was crucified with Christ and I was raised up in Him as a brand new person.
(Romans 6:5-6, 11; 8:1-2; Galatians 2:20; Ezekiel 36:26-27)
• I reject my old beliefs about myself and accept all that God says about
me. God does not see me as a sinner, guilty and condemned, but as a forgiven
and righteous person who loves God and hates sin. (2 Corinthians
5:16-17, 21;Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 1:22; 2:10; Romans 8:37)
• I embrace the truth that I am God’s child, and as such, I am unconditionally
loved and accepted. There is nothing I can do to cause God to
love and accept me more, and nothing I can do that would cause Him to love
and accept me less. (John 17:23; 1 John 3:1-2; Romans 8:38-39)
• I renounce every unrighteous use of my body, and yield it to God to be
used for His purpose and glory. (Romans 6:17-19; 12:1; 1 Corinthians
6:19-20)
• I will no longer be conformed to this world’s thinking. I commit to renewing
my mind daily with God’s truth. (Romans 12:1-2; John 8:31-32)
• I declare that I can do all things through Christ. Sin’s power has been
broken, and I am no longer under the law, but under grace. I choose to depend
on the Holy Spirit to fill and empower me to do God’s will. (Philippians
4:13; Colossians 2:20-3:5; Ephesians 5:15-18
• I align myself with God’s ultimate purpose for my life, which is to make
me more and more like Jesus. I am not a victim of my past but a victorious
over comer through Christ. He will enable me to triumph over every adversity.
(Romans 8:28-30; Philippians 3:8-10)
• I chose to adopt the attitude of Christ, which is to regard others as
more important than myself. I will not merely look out for my own personal
interests, but also for the interest of others. (Philippians 2:1-5)