Saturday, September 01, 2007

It

I sat last Sunday to hear a 25 year old missionary who just finished a year in language school preparing for the mission field.  25 years old.  I sat there stunned.  I kept saying to myself, "He's got it! He's got it! He's got it!"  

I can't explain the 'it.'  It is absolutely unexplainable.  My 'it' is different from his 'it' but they are a lot alike.  

You see when God begins to take you somewhere you have never been before - he to South America and me to Atlanta - life just seems different.  What you thought was really important in one place is not anymore.  And the focus always returns to people.  People.

Usually, people get replaced by red tape, politics, meetings, ministry, who's who, who's where, etc. The end result always comes back to people.  The other things just don't matter anymore.  

To the missionary who spoke last week (and you know who you are.  We know you mother!) God speed my friend.  Many people in South America will be impacted by your ministry!