Friday, January 11, 2008

2008 Personal Theme

In 2007, I had a personal theme which resonated throughout the year.  The theme was being a genuine friend of sinner.  It came about from the president of a ministry Karen and I are affiliated. 

Now 2008 has arrived.  The theme this year for me personally is servanthood.  Last week, I was able to be in a service with our district superintendent and he spoke on the role of the servant in the story of the prodigal son.  Servant?  Yes, there was a servant there.  He was the one who acted on the command of the father to clean up the son, place the ring on his finger, and place the robe around him.  It really encouraged an already spark inside.  I am sure I will be sharing more in the months to come.   I am going to enjoy getting into His Word and exploring the power and principle of being a true servant of the Lord.