Monday, January 07, 2008

As Your Grow, Your Ministry Grows

I have a strong conviction:  as I grow, so does my church grow.  No one can take their organization to higher heights unless the leader decides to go there first.  

For years, there has been something in my 'spiritual DNA' that makes me at the first of every year do a heavy growth period in various areas of my life including leadership, ministry, marriage, and fatherhood.  It is like taking spiritual steroids.  Throughout the year, I continue my health by reading and studying.  

Every leader should read and read often.  Books, periodicals, and various other forms of literature brings about knowledge.  That knowledge is later passed on to others.  

A couple of months ago, I was talking with a fellow minister who is close to retirement age.  He shared with a few us young ministers that every month he reads about 10 periodicals a month.  It said something to us as young ministers to grow and flourish when it comes to knowledge and wisdom.  

As you grow, so does your ministry, church, organization, and/or business.  Grow.