Friday, July 25, 2008

Pastoral Confession

My week sometimes is only as good as the weekend service.  I know it shouldn't be.  I am trying to find a balance to where it doesn't affect my week. 

The problem is throughout the week I have the opportunity to speak to so many people.  Most are in Christian circles.  Most want to know how you are doing.  My response is always about my family and how things are going with me personally, emotionally, ministerially, etc.  

The problem is they don't want to know really how you are doing.  They want to know how the church is really doing.  

It shouldn't be, but it is. 

Good attendance equals good week.
Bad attendance equals bad week.

Good offering equals good week.
Bad offering equals bad week.

Good praise and worship equals good week.
Bad praise and worship equals bad week.

Good teaching equals good week.
Bad teaching equals bad week. 

I just saying. 

Selah.

Making it real. 

(This week was a great week!  We had a really good service this past weekend!)