Sunday, February 25, 2007

Time Machine

I heard someone say yesterday music is the nearest thing we have to a time machine. it really made me think. How many times have you heard a song and it immediately took you back to the time when it was played, heard, or was popular.

I enjoy scrolling through the decades list on XM radio. I can go through the 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's, I nothing stirs my memory except if "Shake your booty" comes on the 70's channel and then my mind goes to me as a toddler and my Aunt Karen dancing. When it gets to the 80's and 90's, my mind can immediately go to times when maybe a certain song was popular. Sometimes it reflected certain times, seasons, or relationships in my life.

So when that songs comes on and you take a long journey back in time, you may have just experienced a time machine experience.