Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Just Rambling from a Study

When knowledge comes to a believer (or some would call it sometimes as an experience) we sometimes believe that we have arrived. The Bible says that ' knowledge puffs up.' Not one time does it say that but twice.

I was reading out of The Message (which is my favorite translation for personal reading). I liked what Paul says in 1 Corinthians about knowledge and behavior that can be offensive to a new believer.

He says that real knowledge is not that insensitive. (1 Corinthians 8:8) Real Knowledge. I have seen many believers because of their knowledge of scripture and experience in the things of the Spirit become insensitive to believers and nonbelievers. I attended a conference in Atlanta years ago where this lady was checking in to a hotel and was having problems. She was screaming at the lady behind the desk about how her pastor had made the reservation and the credit card was her church's, etc. I felt embarrassed to be in a pastor myself much less a believer. What gives us the right as a believer to be insensitive to others?

Be nice. Thrive in a life in the Word. Don't go about thinking you are better than others because of your position in Christ. It is a privilege as well as a right. Enjoy life. Live abundantly! Love others!