Thursday, May 03, 2007

He will Quiet You With His Love

He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing
Zephaniah 3:17

Just heard this verse a couple of minutes ago as I was traveling the last few miles from Savannah to Atlanta from a song on my ipod. I began to think about Joshua's last couple of days. They were pretty rough for him being away from home. He was way out of his comfort zone!

There were many times that Karen and I would have to quiet him with our love - literally. He was so anxious and restless even in the hotel room. To put him to sleep, we would have to be really close and speak to him to calm him down.

I understand what this kind of means now. There have been many times where I need God to quiet me with His love. I would be anxious and restless and needed the Father to come and quiet me with His love. There were more times that He just did it than times when I asked for Him.

Rest. It is only achieved in the Father's love. Simply rest.