Friday, October 10, 2008

Going to "Bama and Back"

On December 4th and 5th, I am planning to join a host of other pastors and youth pastors for the annualSpeed the Light to Bama and Back Bike Ride.  It will begin in Smyrna (north Atlanta area) and end in Alabama via the  famous Silver Comet trail.  The next day, we do it again back to Atlanta.  That is 60 miles each way.  Yes, that is 120 miles total! Yes, I am planning on riding the whole way.  

Now that you are off the floor from laughing so hard, I need your help.  I am asking forty of my best friends and closest family members to help me out.  I need $1000 just to ride.  If you could assist me in raising support by donating $25, that can get me on the trail. 

For those who may be unfamiliar to Speed the Light, it is a student-initiative (youth groups) that assist missionaries in the US as well as in 180 countries with much needed equipment.  Many friends of mine who have had assistance from STL say they are more effective today because of transportation and equipment they have received. At Paramount Church, we have an opportunity for a $3000 grant from STL as a church plant which we are in the presently in the application process.

In line with one of Paramount Church's value that we are optimal at being missional, I just made a great investment in this adventure by purchasing a nice hybrid Schwinn bike for the ride.  In addition, Karen and I are pledging $50 toward this event. 

I really need your help.  If you could partner with me on this adventure, you can send your
tax deductible donation to:

Paramount Church
3729 Weeping Way
Stockbridge, Georgia 30281
(please notice change of address if you haven't recently sent a gift to Paramount Church)

Thank you so much for your friendship and your constant support for me and Karen and Paramount Church!  We want to be a church that is missional both here and abroad financially as well as physically and we thank you for partnering with us on this adventure.