Thursday, August 23, 2012

Relational Beings


From "I Love My Church because I Don't Have to Do Life Alone":

God created us to be relational people.  God did not create us to be alone.  

Since the beginning of time, God has not wanted man to be alone.  Adam walked in the cool of the garden with the creator of the universe.  Had the opportunity to have animals all around him and was given the priviledge to name all of the animals but God looked at Adam and desired that he not be alone so he created Eve for companionship.  Life is always better when you are with someone.   

It is not fun to eat out alone.  I get the priviledge sometimes especially when I get a little stress and Karen will have meetings to eat at a Brazilian restaurant that I enjoy.  But I love it a whole lot better when I get to be accompanied by my wife.  More than that, I love taking people there who have never been.  Life is always better when you are with someone. 

Who wants to go to Six Flags by themselves?  Who would like to explore the Magic Kingdom at Disney World by yourself?  Life is always better when you are with someone.  I love my church because I don’t have to do life alone!