Friday, August 18, 2006

Enlarge Your Vision

We dream to small. We just do it. We think if we ever get what we want then we are stepping into a realm where it is more toward self than it is God. Because when we dream it, we think we dreamed it because we wanted it.
God has created us to be dreamers. The greatest dreamer was Joseph. Yes, he was a dreamer, but dreamers can be ridiculed and persecuted. But dreams are given to embolden us to a step where in the natural we haven't arrived.
Dreams are like taking a vacation to a place you have never been before. When I go to a place I have never been, I research long and hard. Hours are spent on the internet finding appropriate restaurants to take my wife and finding restaurants the boys would like. I research the hotels looking at pictures of the rooms, the lobbies, the pools, and even the bathrooms. I look at the attractions and see what rides my family would enjoy and not enjoy! I even check the weather to see appropriate clothing to wear. And then I prepare myself!
I gather the right clothing. I save the right amount of money. I get the right size suitcases and take the right gear like sun screen, hats, etc. I gather my satellite radio for the drive and the ipod for the enjoyment. And then we embark to our location.
When we arrive, the place is always better than what I had seen on the internet. The hotel is nicer. The restaurants is more exquisite. The attractions are more breath taking.
Dreams are like the planning. We get a glimpse of what is ahead. We get a taste as to what is before us. We don't taste the food, feel the comfort, or feel the thrill until we get there. We can only dream. When we arrive, all the dreams come true.
The destroyer of your dreams as well as the thing that enhances them comes from the same source - your mind. As long as you can imagine it, as long as you can see it, then it is going to happen. Your own wrong thinking can keep you from God's best. What you keep before you will affect you. You if you don't think you can achieve it, you won't. If you think you can, you will. You will produce what you're continually seeing in your mind. Joel Osteen said, "You must conceive it in your heart and mind before you can receive it.
So think of yourself in that position. Think of yourself of being that mom or dad or husband or wife you always dreamed you could be. Think of yourself of the employee, manager, or supervisor you have always wanted to be. Dream. Dream. Dream. There is no crime to dreaming. It is a crime if you don't and it is against yourself. If you never dream, you will never achieve.