Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Insanity Denied

Many people have describe insanity as doing the same thing over and over again expecting to get different results. I look a lot of times at churches and see how they keep duplicating itself and expecting to get the same results. They do the same programs as the church down the street, the pastor preaches the same message as the pastor does across town, and their leaders lead just like the other leader leads his church - but there are no new results. Just the same thing over and over again. But there are some pastors and leaders who have wanted to stop the insanity and do church differently.

Yesterday, I met with Pastor Dave Divine, pastor of The Church at Chapel Hill, a young church just over five years. I went to meet with him about our preview meeting we are holding and to get some insight. The first time we ever heard of an informational meeting was from Pastor Dave at our first church plant network meeting. After our meeting, he asked if I would like to take a tour around their facilities.

After about an hour later, I got in my car speechless! I couldn't believe what I saw! I was blown away by the innovative and creative way they have built their facility. I can't begin to describe how detailed everything was - from the floor to the ceiling. Everything in the building was intentional for optimal excellence.

If you are in the Atlanta area and you are planting a church or building a church, please take time to contact their offices for a tour. It is absolutely amazing! You will walk away absolutely blown away by the excellence of their building, property, and of course their leadership.